Dec 22, 2006

Yasuko's Arrival

I know it's been a long time since I've blogged. Sorry.

On Wednesday, Hiroko's mom, Yaasuko, arrived. She'll be with us for a month helping to raise Ren. This is great! Everything is in place now for Ren's arrival.

The last couple days have been a frenzy of activity. I would have thought after the long plane flight Yasuko would have been exhausted, but she was so excited to see us that we got started right away. We exchanged a lot of gifts, mostly for Ren. Yasuko brought a great mobile for the nursery, and some baby-sized chanting beads. In this picture, you can see that we've lined up the beads on Hiroko's belly so Ren can get to chanting right away. (They're upside-down, of course, because so is Ren). There were lots of other photos, which you can see here.

Yesterday after shopping for more baby necessities, Hiroko and Yasuko spent a great deal of time arranging the nursery, and I'll have pictures soon. I also worked and shopped, and after that everybody was pretty much exhausted.

I have tons and tons of more stuff to blog about (when I have the time and energy) but mostly it's about me, so you'll find it on my own blog.

Health Update: We went to the doctor again yesterday, and the physical therapist the day before that. Everything is back on track. Hiroko's still in pain, but it's less, and all the exercising she's doing (sometimes with my help) appears to be making a difference. We're certainly anxious about labor and potential post-birth consequences, but the doctors have told us to wait and see.

No comments: