Dec 14, 2006

Health Update

After another 24 hours of watching my wife in constant, serious pain, today's early doctor's visit was reassuring. Our doc came highly recommended and has been great from the start, and she completely believed us and made it clear she wanted to help.

We were able to schedule a meeting this afternoon with a physical therapist (there was a more specific baby-related name for the doctor, but I can't remember). Our impression has been to not expect dramatic improvement, but a PT doc ought to be able to show us how to move Hiroko's body around somewhat while minimizing pain.

The doc also prescribed Tylenol with codeine. I was very surprised Hiroko could take it. So now my recommendation that Hiroko not drive has become a medical necessity. She so far reports that the codeine isn't masking the pain, just making her loopy.

I have to say I still feel good about the pregnancy, and confident everything will come out in the end. Of course, I'm not the one in pain, so maybe it's easier for me. With the driving and doctors and drugs, at least I feel like I can do something now. She's going to be some kid.

No comments: