Dec 15, 2006

Ultrasounds and Health Update

My Flickr problem has gone away, and I have full control again...so here are the ultrasounds! As you can tell by squinting at these pictures, clearly Ren is beautiful, intelligent, and charismatic.

Yesterday we got to go see a physical therapist to try to do something about Hiroko's pain. The PT was full of great information about why this is happening. She was able to show us how to stretch and exercise Hiroko's joints to try to keep her in better alignment. We also got an elastic belt to try to hold everything into place.

Overall, despite all the help yesterday, Hiroko reported the pain was about the same. But the difference is noticeable to me--she is more alert and sounds happier to me. Also she reports the drugs are "fun", so there's that.

I don't know why I didn't think to mention it earlier, but due to the many surgeries Hiroko had when she was a kid, her right foot is noticeably smaller than her left (by about a full size) and her right leg is shorter! Knowing this, the pain makes a lot of sense to me. I imagine injecting myself with a hormone to loosen my joints, tying two bowling balls to my stomach, and strapping a board to my left foot. And then walking around like that for a couple months. Yeah, I think I'd hurt, too.

No comments: