Dec 13, 2006

Mom Not So Good

Update time.

The good news is slim: we got the changing table together. It took a couple hours and us working in pairs. It looks okay. It's functional.

The mildly bad news: Flickr is giving me grief right now on my account, so I still can't share out a bunch of photos I want for this and my other blog. If you're waiting to see the other ultrasound pictures, you'll darn well have to wait.

The truly bad news: We've figured out Hiroko has something called "Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction", which you can read about here and here. Let me tell you something: it sucks a lot. She basically can't do much of anything and hurts a great deal. It's off and on but more on. We're exploring treatment options beyond acetaminophen.

It does mean that I'm cancelling most everything and spending all my time at home. This is especially because I've asked Hiroko not to drive. She can't wear a seat belt, and the pain is sufficiently severe that I don't think she can pay full attention. So we're shifting everything around this new curve ball.

No comments: